Wednesday, March 11, 2009

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Because I am skipping class on Friday, IT IS NOW OFFICIALLY SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so excited, oh me I'm oh so very excited. 

Wow. I have no pressing homework to do. I can read, or write, or make muffins, or do any of the Things Caitlins Like To Do Best. 

I'm happy to report that my midterm grades were quite satisfactory, even in biology. But the really really greaty greaty thing was the feedback and grades I got for the poetry I turned in a couple of weeks ago in Creative Writing. It's incredible-- everyone really liked my work. This always strikes me as rather extraordinary, and it's so encouraging. I know that writing should need no reward, but at the same time I seem to need assurance that I'm not just wasting pencils. Anyway, my teacher grades each poem on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 meaning that he would make no changes and considers the work ready for submission and publication.  Of my poems, one got 8.8, one 9.6, and three 10.  I was a little disappointed about the 8.8-- it was for 'Sonnet,' which I was extremely happy with. But he said that he didn't get a sense of direction or focus in it-- in other words, after reading it several times, he couldn't figure out what I was saying.  But I'm extremely happy about the three 10s!

So now I have a week and a half off. And of course I have A Things To Do List. Here it is--
  • Read: Collected Poems of Elizabeth Bishop, Breath for the Bones by Luci Shaw, Complete Works of Christopher Smart, Isaiah, The Silmarillion, Pioneers in the Study of Motion by Susan Briante (no, I don't intend to finish all of these over spring break-- they're just what I'm working on at the moment)
  • Write lots
  • Make muffins
  • Spend a long day with my family at the Arboretum
  • Decide if I'm going to get teacher's certification 
  • Go to family day (can't wait to see you all!!!)
  • Practise lots and lots-- heaven knows I need to. Yikes.
  • Make a cake-- don't know what kind, I just feel a hankerin to make one.
  • Take many walks
  • Write Kathryn B. a Very Long Letter
  • Finish the last few episodes of Firefly and watch Serenity with Dan and Claire (though I will be awfully sad when we're finished)
  • Go on a date with my extremely attractive and companionable husband
  • Write lots more
  • Have Justin and Claire over to spend the night
  • Spend a lot of time at my family's house
  • Make things with all the yummy beads Mamadah gave me for Christmas
  • Do research on Brahms and Schumann for my Voice paper
Right now I'm sitting on the couch beside Harris, who is playing some really furmaid video game with a hero whose hair is impossibly gelled considering how many times he's been shot in the last hour and who has the most comical frog feet. When I finish this post, we're going to go run a couple of Family Day-related errands, then go to the house for a bit. 

HAHA! I have no homework to do!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. YAY!

    but seriously, consolidate your list! that is some seriously long listage goin on there, you're prob not gonna get all that done and still have time to get some good ol' doin nothin time in!

    word verification: nonenoneu! reminded me of nonny nonny nonny get your adverbs on! or something like that... on schoolhouse rock?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'lolly lolly lolly,' actually. As in 'father, son, and lolly.'

    It reminds me of Justin's 'nuwi nuwi nu' song. Remember that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. my favorite: "Go on a date with my extremely attractive and companionable husband"

    it was lovely seeing you last weekend, dear sister! (and you too, dear brother!)

    ReplyDelete