Yay, it's baseball season again! I've rediscovered my love for baseball over the past couple of years, and now that I live in Rangerville. Hopefully we get to go to a few games this year.
Last night we were up til 2 - I've been working midnights and Caitlin had studying to do. But then I slept til 11. The problem coming off midnights is that even if I do go to bed at a normal hour and sleep at all well, my body thinks its supposed to be dead asleep when 8 o'clock rolls around and I have an awful time making myself get out of bed. But no big deal. Caitlin skipped her Biology lecture, which is the one right after lunch time, so we got Lenny's (yum) and watched Perry Mason. It's a beautiful day here - we have the patio door open, and I'm thinking about putting in the Messiah.
I just finished a book called "The Children of Men" by P.D. James. You may have heard of the movie if not the book. Of course there were some significant differences between the two, though I did enjoy the movie as well. The basic context of the story is that there hasn't been a baby born in about a decade and mankind seems headed toward its end. I'll say no more, but it was certainly thought provoking and, at times, moving.
Oh dear. Dan is making me sound irresponsible. I had good reasons for skipping that class!!! Really!!!! It wasn't gratuitous absenteeism!!!! Really!!!! I'm a good student, I am!!!
ReplyDeletei am looking forward to going to some redbirds games. We are 1-0!
ReplyDelete