Friday, May 1, 2009

Floating

Ok, so not to be a braggity braggerson, but please, indulge me. I feel like gloating, just the teensiest bit. And since this is just family I'll go ahead and gloat. 

Hee hee!

Today was my peer review day in Creative Writing for the poems I posted a couple of weeks ago. For peer review, you read your work out loud and then everyone discusses it, plus the teacher gives you his evaluation and your grade. I basically got all positive feedback, and my teacher loved everything I turned in.  He grades on a scale of one to ten, and I got four tens and a nine!!!!!

And on top of all that, my teacher pulled me over and told me in an off-the-record kind of way that he'd probably like to be my 'sponsor' in an upcoming creative writing contest where you have to have a teacher recommend your work. The teachers only get to sponsor one student from each of their classes, so this is really a compliment.

Anyway, as one last piece of gloat, I'll share a couple of the comments my teacher wrote on my packet of poems:

about the untitled one:
"Brilliant! Pithy and wonderfully sense driven. Submit somewhere!"

about Attempted Ballad:
"I'm very impressed with the adventuresomeness in this poem. The images are powerful. You have a touch for the extraordinary surprise. CONGRATS!!"

and just in general:
"Caitlin, you are in your element in poetry. . . How very pleasant to read your work."

What do you know. They like me, they really really like me. 

1 comment:

  1. sweet!
    definitely share things like that with us. disclaimers will be assumed, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete