Tuesday, July 28, 2009

this and that

Hey folks, if you're there. Yes, it's been 25 days without a post, but we've been busy backsons. As I'm pretty sure most of you know, we had a contract on a house for about five days, which fell through due to way-more-expensive-than-we-could-ever-deal-with necessary repairs. Which was a cryin shame because it really was a great house for us. But I'm looking on the bright side-- the house was filthy and ugly, the kitchen counters were cracked and infested with ants, the pantry was tiny, and the master bedroom was nearly dark even in bright daylight. That's what you do when you lose a house, I guess-- think about its particular problems. It's kind of a straw man-- I mean, any house is going to have problems-- but it does make you feel better. Here in a bit I'm going to get with it and look for new listings, fingers crossed.

Most of you know this as well, but Dan's taken a new position in the Crew Scheduling department that has NORMAL WORK HOURS!!! So we're now on a regular up-at-six-in-bed-at-ten schedule, for the first time since we've been married. It's a nice change of pace. I haven't done so well with the getting up early this week (thanks to the Grace Chapel Meeting), but even getting up at 7:30 I'm super enthused about what all I can manage to get done before it gets at all late. It's 1 o'clock and I've already tidied the apartment, washed dishes, taken our recycling to the bin at the library and checked out some movies, been to the grocery store, done my weekly CVS run (33 dollars worth of stuff for 2.46-- what fun), and watched a movie while doing other random things-that-needed-doing. It's great. Now I'm going to settle in to some studying for the American History clep test I'm taking in a couple of weeks. So long.


1 comment: