The other night Dan and I watched North by Northwest, in which, according to the rapturously enthusiastic trailer,
"EVERY STAGGERING SIGHT AND SOUND IS REAL! IN THE MAGNITUDE OF VISTAVISION AND TECHNICOLOR!"
My favorite quote from the movie: Cary Grant is rushing down the street to an appointment with a client, rattling off dictation and instructions to his imperturbable secretary. He interrupts himself: "say, do I look heavyish to you? I feel heavyish. Put a note on my desk in the morning-- 'think thin!' "
We're both rather nervous today, because sometime this morning we're going to hear back about the contract we offered on The House. For those of you who didn't hear, we stumbled upon The House Sunday afternoon, with Mamadah and Maw-in-Law in tow (which was great-- so glad y'all were there!). This house is great-- it's the first house we've ever walked into and felt home right off. It's so us it's crazy. Anyway, we made an offer immediately, and we'll know something pretty soon.
Eeek. Squeak. I really, really hope we get this one. . .
ps. school starts two weeks from today. i'm torn between looking forward to it and dreading it.
I've never watched that movie. I guess I should.
ReplyDeleteYou will love being back in school as soon as you get in your brain groove -- you always have, my love.
ReplyDeleteAnd just imagine how much more delightful and fruitful studying will be in that prettyish little wilderness!
(Oh my, your back yard is going to be wanting a name, isn't it? Perhaps you should consult Cecil and Percival?)