I left the building and discovered that it had snowed a touch during the concert-- everything wore a thin, shimmery layer of frost and the cars were feathered with snow. I walked out into the night, into the frost, into the plumes of steam rising from open places in the sidewalk (blocked off with orange barricades and traffic cones) where they're working on the pipes, walking farther and farther out to the edge of the voices of people leaving the concert and into the road noises far off in the dark, walking, carrying my writing notebook, wearing a coat and scarf and shoes that clicked, the wind biting my hands and face. It was just like scenes from movies set in New York, with the young, solitary heroine walking home in the cold after dark. And for a moment that's who I was.
and as you walk, the camera zooms out and a sympathetic melody spins around you.
ReplyDeleteA real life movie moment. What would your character's name be?
ReplyDeleteOoooh, good question. Let's see. . . how about. . . Linnea. Yes, I think that's who it was.
ReplyDeleteand it's likely that you would not have experienced that little moment if you'd had earbuds in. sing ho for being aware, wot!
ReplyDelete