I graduate on May 13 or 14.
That's 6 1/2 months away.
It sounds like a long time when I say it like that, but it's starting to feel pretty close. Especially given the fact that next semester will be so, so much easier-- I'll be two graduate Lit classes, which are all I need to graduate, plus painting and dance (which have essentially no homework) just for fun. Think of that! Only two classes with homework. I might actually (gasp) have time to read. And keep the house clean. And paint the guest bedroom. And actually have conversations with people. I can't even fathom it, and yet it's only a foreshadowing of the beauties of Life After School, that large, slightly frightening, but ultimately friendly monster.
I'm starting to think of things I'll be able to do again. The life I'll get back. For the first time practically ever, I'll be in charge of what I do with my days. This is terrifying to me-- what if I'm incapable of making good choices?-- but mostly so, so exciting. I'm starting to think through what kind of life I want to make for myself all over again, with this brand-new perspective.
A few things I'm looking forward to about life after graduation:
listening to music (so much of my time goes to homework that I pretty much don't ever listen to music anymore)being able to clean my house whenever it needs itenjoying things slowlychecking books out from the library and actually reading themjournalingserving Dan better
...having lunch with MEEEEEE!!!
ReplyDeleteAnd I am absolutely positive that will know exactly how to do wonderful things with a day.
ha. ha. ha. you only think painting will have no homework...
ReplyDeleteyeahhh...definitely will have painting homework. but it's completely different from other homework; you'll love it. you can listen to music with it...you can listen to the soundtrack to funny girl as many times as you want. :) and then whenever you listen to it later, you'll think of that particular painting, and vice versa.
ReplyDelete