Last weekend we went to Louisville Kentucky for the 2012 Circe Conference.
It was extraordinary. A soul expanding experience. And Friday night, I saw Mr. Wendell Berry live, in the flesh, and wept.
What is Circe (and how do you pronounce it)? Why was it extraordinary? Who the heck is Wendell Berry and why does he matter to you?
As a cheap answer to question number one, I give you this convenient link http://circeinstitute.org/conference/
As for the rest - all excellent questions, which I plan to answer soon, but not now, because:
1. The thoughts that were presented to and provoked in me over the weekend are still too rich, too deep, and too many to give them form just yet.
2. Wendell Berry and his profound influence on my mind and my convictions deserves a better introduction than I can give at the moment.
3. I really just got on here to share my book list from the conference.
I fully intend to read these all.
Circe 2012 Reading List

No comments:
Post a Comment