Respected Gnomes, I seek your Gnomley council on a matter of grave import. Namely, socks-- upon which subject you (in the way of your kind) are rumored to be extremely learned (pronounced with two syllables, naturally, Cecil). My dilemma is as follows: since my youth, I have struggled with ambivalent feelings toward socks. Few things trouble me more than the way, after being for a while worn, they sag and bunch up in front of one's toes. Furthermore, one's feet begin to feel inhibited and smothered after a very short while. I wish ever so much to be fond of socks, but alas; I have tried in vain.
What wisdom can you offer me, beloved Gnomes?
Sincerest Regards--
--Caitlin Elizabeth Bruce Beauchamp
ps. I find I can overcome my distaste somewhat if the socks are sufficiently attractive and jolly-- stripes and spots preferred. Do you have any recommendations for particular socks, or manufacturers of socks, that satisfy your excellent taste? Many thanks --cebb
gnomes have been informed, i will notify you upon their response!
ReplyDelete