Tuesday, November 3, 2009

shhh. . .

. . . don't tell it that I said this, or it might bite me, but I'm pretty sure my homework is creepy stalker homework. It's after me. It pokes its head around doors to watch me. Just now I caught a glimpse of it peering through the kitchen window. It follows me places, too. I'm pretty sure it was hiding behind the canned tomatoes at Kroger the other day as I passed by.

Here's what I'd be obsessed with right now, if my homework wasn't obsessed with me:

  • van gogh
  • making cake
  • decorating shoes with snips of fabric and beads and fun things (Claire and I are going to do this as soon as she's done with the SAT)
  • vegetarian cooking
  • 0ld musicals. . . so many I haven't seen yet.
  • lip stain
  • paint and wallpaper for three more rooms
  • making friendly monster christmas ornaments
  • Rainer Maria Rilke's poetry
  • Hosting a Brigadoon-watching party to convince Dan that he can love this paragon of a movie as devotedly as I do.
  • Finding the books I checked out from the school library in August that never surfaced after the move (I just keep renewing them. . .)
  • oil painting
Things I'm obsessed with anyway:

  • Claire's blog
  • mixing pink and red
  • the patch of sunlight in the living room from 9:00-10:30
  • turning off lights
  • anthropologie's incredible jewelry collection this season
  • the gorgeous living room paint color
  • audiobooks for the 30 minute drive to school
  • Kris Delmhorst
  • fear of cockroaches

No comments:

Post a Comment