Thursday, April 15, 2010

spud's on the job!

here is me, holding the latest edition of Sojourn, UTD's arts journal. yes. that is in fact a plastic cow jumping off the roof of a model building. i love my school.


here is me, looking at the list of contributor's names on the back cover. why look, is that a familiar name?


why yes, it was! that page is my poem. and that face is my "why, yes, i've been published" face. it's very artsy. i hope you like it.


(recall last year when I won second place in the utd undergrad writing contest? that's why i'm in sojourn. so not just a huge deal, really, but still something. my first time to hold a publication with my work in it, anyway.)

5 comments:

  1. You have got that published face down pat. Very flattering.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your published face looks like cecil.

    he is very impressed, by the way. he believes greatly in the prestige of publishment, as well as in the improvement of literary minds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. . . . and verily, I was indeed thinking of Cecil as I made that very face. I thought to myself, "What face would Cecil make under these circumstances? Because if Cecil would do it, it is The Thing To Do."

    dear Cecil.

    ReplyDelete