Tonight Caitlin is at class and I've been sitting out on our deck for the past hour and half, smoking a cigar and listening to the Rangers game. The twinkle lights are on in the tree, it's 70 degrees, Kevin is sitting out here with me being companionable. I thought I would be back inside by now, but this is a long cigar and beautiful night and I've decided I'm not in a hurry.
I love my wife.
I love my home.
I love my family and I miss them. I miss sharing normal everyday kinds of things with them.
I'm not very good at being the person that I really Want to be. It's discouraging.
There are a lot of things I've been thinking about over the last year or so that I want to write about, because they are True, and the True is liberating beyond our reckoning.
But I am not very good at being the person that I really Want to be.
We were made to be noble and glorious but we are too afraid of our own pride to try. So we cower, and are mean.
I believe that when we are born again we are empowered to follow God. EMPOWERED. We are either afraid or unwilling to accept this.
When the sin in our own hearts wins, we think we are victims. If you think you are a victim then of course you will lose. Actually we are whiny babies. Reckon yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin.
For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.
Reckon yourselves to be alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.
That is every day. Every day.
Every night you die and are buried with him, and every morning you are raised again, and every day you are saved by the life that he lived.
He wept.
He is real.
He is in you and he is greater than he that is in the world. You were made in the image of God and have been remade in the image of his Son. You don't have to cower.
No comments:
Post a Comment